Experience - Discover - Relax
Whether leisurely walks or challenging mountain hikes and climbing, Bad Hindelang is a perfect starting point for your active holiday.
Around 60 well-marked hiking trails provide a network of 300 km of hiking possibilities, some of which start from our doorstep:
- The Vaterland and Bärenweg around Ostrachtal
- The romantic waterfall of the Zipfelbach
- The Hirschberg with its fantastic views of Bad Hindelang
- To enchanting strolls around Bad Oberdorf on the Lovers trail
Mountain hikers climb to the top of Rauhorn, Kugelhorn, Hochvogel and großen Daumen. You can view the Rotspitze and the Breitenberg from your balcony whilst you eat breakfast and then head out to challenge for the summit.
Hindelanger via ferrata(Klettersteig in German), Jubiläumsweg , Pfannenhölzer and Hohe Gänge are the highlights for the climbers.
The Allgäu is a great area for mountain bikers. Wonderful tracks and alpine trails meander across the Allgäu mountains.
Cyclists will find tours on dirt roads, forest roads and beautiful pastures.
Electric bikes can be rented at various stations. Under activation of a small motor, they produce power to push you along! This will bring a smile to many of the older generations faces once again!
For downhill freaks the Bad Hindelang bike park at the Hornbahn is a must. With the 8-seater gondola `s up, then freeride trails of varying difficulty on the downhill, there is plenty on offer for all ability levels. The bike park also has rental bikes.
For children there is a practice obstacle course in the valley.
They still exist, the murmuring natural streams, roaring waterfalls and tranquil mountain lakes. A large playground is the clear Ostrach, which meanders through Bad Hindelang and is surrounded by hiking trails and playparks for children.
There is swimming in 20 degree natural pool of Bad Hindelang, or after a mountain hike, a quick dip in the Prinze Gumpe (= allgäuerisch for small pond of Prince Luitpold of Bavaria).
On a hot summer day you will find only a few minutes away from our house, two beautifully landscaped Kneipp water baths. You walk through theseslowly and then wet your arms too! This is invigorating for the body and relaxing for the mind. When in the Barfußpfad you feel nature beneath your feet again.
Besides Kneippanlage you find the poachers playground for the children.
Paragliding, rafting and canyoning are also on offer for those in need of an adrenalin rush. Nordic walking, yoga and meditative walking for those wanting to relax.
Trips and adventures:
- To the Giebelhaus and into the realm of the Golden Eagle
- To Füssen to the royal castles Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau (about 55 km)
- The Breitachklamm and Starzlachklamm (approximately 20 km)
- Lake Constance (70 km) and the flower island of Mainau
- The historical Hammer mill and the miraculous Carriage Museum
- The cheese making on a mountain and enjoying the Allgäu Kässpatzn
- The cattle drive (= Viehscheid) on 11 September